Pedro St. James Castle, Pedro St. James, or as we all know it Pedro’s Castle, is the oldest existing building in the Cayman Islands. Located on the southern coast of Grand Cayman Island, the manor is a reconstruction of an original 1780 house, and the home of plantation owner William Eden.
In 1831, it served as a rendezvous point for the first elected parliament in The Cayman Islands; the location has since been known as the birthplace of democracy in Cayman. By the 1970s, The building was reduced to ruin after decades of neglect and in 1996, a restoration totaling over $6 million transformed the then abandoned waterfront building.
Today the landmark contains a visitors centre, theatre, exhibits, a gift shop, and cafe. it is a popular venue for weddings and social events.
Visit the official page here: http://pedrostjames.ky